Defending complex white-collar cases successfully is what we are known for and where we have an unparalleled track record.
The firm has been expert in the field of business crime for more than 50 years and has one of the largest specialist white-collar crime teams in the UK.
Investigations into serious fraud and business crime are rising and companies operate in an increasingly regulated environment. We routinely advise senior executives, company directors and financial services professionals on a variety of white-collar matters – some of which are very high profile and others resolved away from the spotlight.
Our experience encompasses cases involving allegations of bribery and corruption, tax fraud, investment fraud, false accounting, bank fraud, commodities and currency frauds, index and benchmark manipulation (such as Libor, FX and Gold Fix), insider dealing, money laundering, cartels, and financial sanctions breaches. We have acted in all the significant investigations and cases prosecuted by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) since its establishment in 1987.
With enforcement agencies such as the National Crime Agency (NCA), SFO, HMRC and US Department of Justice (DoJ) increasingly focused on business crime and with new powers and technologies at their disposal, the risk of committing an offence and facing criminal sanction is higher than ever.
How we can help
- We advise suspects and defendants as well as witnesses who find themselves exposed as a result of a corporate investigation or investigation by an enforcement authority.
- We assist in dawn raid situations, where property is seized, individuals are arrested or interviewed under caution.
- We get involved in domestic cases as well as serious and complex cross-border matters, often spanning multiple jurisdictions.
- We are highly skilled at acting in lengthy investigations and trials.
- We can help navigate the regulatory issues faced by individuals facing criminal allegations.
- We also work closely with our civil fraud team to support organisations that have identified incidents of fraud or misconduct perpetrated by directors or employees, professional advisers, agents or business associates.
We understand what is at stake when individuals are accused of fraud or white-collar crime or subjected to the gaze of enforcement agencies over a business crime matter.
We can assemble a multi–disciplinary team to all deal with all aspects of a fraud case. We recognise that every situation requires an intelligent and carefully devised strategy.
If you are concerned about a business crime or fraud matter, please contact one of our specialist fraud lawyers.
We also advise on all aspects of corporate crime.