We have considerable experience in advising on all aspects of insolvency litigation, including acting for insolvency practitioners, companies, individuals and directors. We are uniquely placed to assist with complex insolvency litigation matters, with particular strength in fraud cases.
In addition to the experience of our commercial litigation team, we can also draw on the expertise of our leading specialists across the firm which means that we are uniquely placed to assist with complex insolvency litigation. We have the benefit of internal specialists in areas including fraud, employment, real estate, regulation, corporate and criminal law to enable us to advise clients on the wide variety of legal issues that can crop up in an insolvency process.
We have particular strength in fraud cases. We are regularly instructed to assist in asset tracing including utilising the full spectrum of insolvency powers available to investigate, locate and preserve assets. We have extensive experience in cross border recovery, asset freezes and search orders and we have the benefit of working with our leading criminal law team and professional advisers in other jurisdictions to assist as necessary.
We can advise on the full range of contentious insolvency matters, including:
- provisional liquidations;
- claims by insolvency practitioners;
- preferences and transactions at an undervalue;
- statutory demands and winding-up petitions;
- advice on Insolvency Act section 234 (delivery up of property), section 235 (duty to co-operate) and section 236 (provision of documents and information);
- voluntary arrangements (individual and corporate);
- wrongful trading;
- fraudulent trading;
- other fraud and misconduct offences;
- investor and shareholder disputes;
- claims against former officers;
- protection of assets and injunctions; and
- asset recovery.